Sunday, August 29, 2010

H20 Bosses & Buttermilk Baby

I got out the old torch and did a little brazing for the first time in a few weeks. I'm definitely out of practice but it felt good to move the flame around even if it was for just for a few minutes. I ended up having the torch way to hot and burned the flux way quick so I had to soak the tube and start over. The second try I got the torch right and the braze went smoothly.



 Here's a shot of the bosses after they've been soaked and cleaned up.




I also did some mountain biking this weekend and took a couple photos while I was out on the trail.




If you've biked Buttermilk east to west in Richmond, VA a few time then you can probably recognize this little root section. It's really unassuming but this little clump of roots is seriously one of the hardest obstacles on the trail. It's just one of those things that if you don't hit that perfect line you fail. It sucks because you can go out feeling great thinking your going to have a no foot down run of the trail and this little "shit root" comes up right in the beginning and takes you out. But if you manage to get passed this thing no problems then I feel like you have a 75% better chance of crushing the rest of the trail.

About half way through Buttermilk, right before that steep as bridge thing, you can stop and turn around and there is this bad ass climb. It's super steep and I hardly ever make it but I always try.



This picture really doesn't do it justice. It's a really short climb but it's super steep at the top and you really have to dig in to have any hope of getting up the last crest. Its also really fun to ride back down because you end up going so fast and then you follow that up by bombing down the wood plank thing. Fucking awesome. Kudos to all the dudes who volunteer and people at James River Park System who maintain this trail system. It might be one of my favorite things in Richmond.

No comments:

Post a Comment